August 9, 2012

Essential support

I am very fortunate to have two excellent research assistants to support my research endeavours. Sarah Verdon and Alice Whitfield undertake multitudinous diverse tasks to ensure that the research work I undertake is the best quality possible. I don't know what I would do without them!

Alice Whitfield and Sarah Verdon ready for work!
Today, I also received my new computer (I have been having major difficulties since May 8). Three months without a reliable, functioning computer has made me realise just how dependent I am on my computer; particularly the fact that it stores hundreds of gigabytes of my work in one accessible location. I am really looking forward to putting all of the data I have generated over the past 3 months into one location (14.2GB!). As of today, I have 546 emails that I have been unable to answer via my iPhone, or without accessing data from my computer. It will take a little while to get through them, but I am glad that many of my colleagues in the northern hemisphere have been on summer holidays, so some of them have not been so urgent.